Apologies again, notes from memory (please add yours in comments section)
- Discussion of Occupy Ashland. Four campaigns, including “decriminalization of sleep,” “Move to Amend”– about fighting the Citizens United Supreme Court decision allowing unlimited corporate campaign contributions, anti-GMO, and anti-foreclosure. Question about local contact for Move to Amend, does anyone have any info about this? Please let us know, pass it on.
- City of Santa Cruz Public Safety Committee Meeting. Monday, December 17, 5:00 or 5:30 PM, City Hall. Efforts to “clean up” to be watched for possible anti-homeless slant. Continuation of activities started two weeks ago in Westside neighborhood, continued through this past weekend with river clean-ups.
- Santa Cruz 11 Support Committee. Meeting tomorrow, Monday, December 17, 1 PM, SubRosa Cafe. Topics include upcoming benefit/awareness-raiser scheduled for January 6. Details to follow. Court dates: Friday, January 4, readiness hearing; Monday, January 7, pre-trial hearing.
- Red Church Monday meal, 5PM. Also, nameless committee on homeless issues to meet at 4PM tomorrow (Monday, December 17) in the fireside room.
- “Occupy Last Night” autonomous action. Annual activity, December 31, 5PM–No details.