Thank You to all for your dedication and persistence.
- Occupier in Dominican Hospital, call to offer your support, Room 2134.
- Occupier, facing ticket for allegedly “sitting on the sidewalk after being told to sit by an officer” while performing an anti-police-harassment-watch of a homeless person on Pacific. Court appearance 8:15 tomorrow morning (Monday, Nov. 26) in Department 10, downstairs at the County Courthouse. Will be requesting new judge instead of Commissioner Basket.
- “Report” homeless people in your neighborhood, facebook page. How ugly? To talk to the City Council during oral communications period, Tuesday 5 PM, City Hall.
- “Creating Smart Solutions to Homelessness: A Countywide Community Engagement Summit” — they didn’t use my words, which were “engaging community compassion” but I’ll get over it –LD. Saturday, December 1, 10 AM – 4 PM, lunch provided. Cabrillo College, Dining Room in Building 900, 6500 Soquel Drive, Aptos. You must register in advance to attend. Go to indybay.org/santacruz and look for the calendar posting at the top of the page for details on how to register.
- Book recommendation. Anders Corr. No Tresspassing: Squatting, Rent Strikes, and Land Struggles Worldwide. Boston: South End Press, 1999.
- New City Council “Coronation.” Tuesday, December 11, Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium, after the City Council meeting–estimated time 7:30 PM. Food provided.
- Food Not Bombs serving at Laurel Park, behind Louden Nelson center. Saturday, December 1, 4-5 PM.
Planning for a camp. Discussion of resources available and resources needed. Referral to the Association of Faith Communities monthly meetings, which will have a sanctuary camp on the next meeting’s agenda. Meets first Thursday of each month. Next meeting December 6, 5 PM, Red Church.
Santa Cruz Eleven Support. A test of the level of interest for an activity within the next month. Contact Robert if you are interested.
Benefit for Linda Lemaster, “Sleep Criminal.” Scheduled for next Sunday, 3:30 PM – 6 PM. Invite your friends. India Joze restaurant. $15 donation requested.
Forward planning for March 2013: Keith McHenry in Santa Cruz. Desire to host benefit for FNB and other local causes. Long range planning, details to come.
Wednesday GA. Has anyone attended in the last month? Does anyone plan to attend in the next few weeks? Does anyone want to offer a concrete proposal to either remove it from the calendar or move the meeting to an indoor space? Consensus for this query to be emailed around to attempt to achieve a fuller consensus on the future of the Wednesday evening GA from the entire Occupy Santa Cruz community.