- Food Not Bombs: December 1, 4PM, Laurel Park (behind Louden Nelson Center). Meal to be served.
- United Nations Parade: December 2, noon. UNA website for more info.
- Community Garden in Santa Cruz beach flats: offer of a tour. More info to follow.
- Occupy Monterey: Really Really Free Market, 1st Sunday of the month (next will be December 2), 11 AM to 3PM, Friendly Plaza, corner of Addison and Pacific. Gift economy market and food share. Also a continuing solidarity network of homeless/activists/students.
Linda Lemaster says: ”Thank you to everyone for your immeasurable support during my recent lodging trial. I owe Occupy for my sanity.” Discussion of related matters… members of the Santa Cruz 11 support committee are planning to stage a benefit for Linda to raise awareness, good vibes, and money for an appeal of her case. Scheduled for Sunday, December 2, 3:30 to 6 PM, India Joze restaurant, 418 Pacific Avenue, Santa Cruz. ”Change the Lodging Law!” 647 (e) campaign to begin with Bill Monning’s office. Letters to the editor welcomed for the Santa Cruz Sentinel and other publications (see indybay.org/santacruz for “current chatter”). Quaker “legislative issues” committee for California, an intention to raise awareness on the issue of using “lodging law” against political activity and necessary sleep. Contact Linda for further action on any of these fronts: homes4everyone [at] yahoo.com
- Free Radio Santa Cruz: Meeting in the foyer of the Resource Center for Nonviolence, Monday, November 19, 7 PM. Open meeting.
- Brianna the street performer vs. Officer Warren court date: Tuesday, November 20, 1:30 PM, Santa Cruz County Courthouse, department tba. She is asking for public support of her right to free expression on public sidewalks downtown–[what she is charged with was not clear to the announcer].
- Smart Solutions to Homelessness Summit. 10 AM – 4 PM, December 1, Cabrillo College, Dining Room in Building 900, 6500 Soquel Drive, Aptos, CA 95003. See calendar item on indybay.org/santacruz to register. LUNCH PROVIDED!